at the Twierdzy Srebrna Góra
The event called May Day picnic 2023 will last three days (1-3 May) at the Silver Mountain Fortress. Planned on a grand scale, the extremely colourful open-air event is aimed at consolidating values related to heritage and national identity.
During these days, the Fortress will be transformed into an 18th-century fair – an unforgettable time during which visitors will be able to learn about the culture, history and military of over 300 years ago.
The whole event will consist of reconstruction stands, a regional products fair (handicraft, art and food stands) and a colourful festival – with performances on stage and in the audience. A specially prepared children’s zone will encourage whole families to visit Srebrna Góra, and a field game with prizes will allow them to learn the secrets of the place from a completely different perspective. Ultimately, it will encourage participants to take a full guided tour along the route with interesting nooks and crannies of the Srebrna Góra fortifications.
The entire event is prepared for tourists visiting Srebrna Góra and for history and military enthusiasts from the region.
Attractions awaiting visitors:
- regional products fair – handicraftsmen, artists, cooks,
- stands of reconstructors – a visit to a military camp, manoeuvres and military exercises,
- numerous demonstrations: rifle shooting, drill, cannon shots,
- demonstration of 18th century drill, many interesting facts about the soldiers’ equipment, weapons, costumes from that period,
- a field game in the form of riddles located in different parts of the fortress – relating both to the history of the fortress and to everyday life in the 18th century,
- a fashion show combined with a lecture on everyday life during the Great Seym,
- fun and games of the 18th century (including an unusual 18th century bingo),
- a dance show by the Royal Early Dance Ensemble “La Danse”, together with a dance workshop for the audience,
- numerous musical performances – including Kapela Bożków, Jowita Kowalewska, Macieje, the Borowianki folk group and the Duet group with a performance of 18th century music,
- a children’s animation zone with workshops and children’s activities based on knowledge of old crafts,
- a scouting dance and song to integrate the audience,
- Touring theatre for children,
- a presentation on mining by the Silver Mountain Mine,
- captivating fairy tales by la Fontain – read on roles for children and adults,
- an unusual attraction – a photo booth in the form of a huge picture-mirror, with an animation of the King, who welcomes the audience to the act of signing the Government Act and tells some historical trivia,
- numerous competitions with prizes for the audience.
Here it is! The plan for the Silver Mountain Fortress May Festival is ready. Bring your friends, children and anyone who wants to actively spend a day outdoors in one of Lower Silesia’s biggest tourist attractions.