Together we are working towards a green, competitive and inclusive Europe.
The project entitled “Revitalisation for cultural and educational purposes of degraded and inaccessible parts of the Historic Monument of the Stronghold of Srebrna Góra” received funding from the Programme “Culture” of the European Economic Area Mechanism 2014-2021, Measure 1. Improvement of cultural heritage management, Sub-measure 1.1. Restoration and revitalisation of cultural heritage.
Beneficiary: Twierdza Srebrna Góra Sp. z o.o.
Partner: Fjellugla Kompetanse AS
SHORT PROJECT DESCRIPTION:
The Project assumes revitalisation and management for educational and tourist purposes of inaccessible defence works and casemates of the Stronghold in Srebrna Góra – one of the most valuable fortification objects in Poland, having the status of a Monument of History, located in the area of the first Fortress Cultural Park in Poland and belonging to the Lower Silesian “Route of Industrial Technology Heritage Objects”. The project will contribute to the preservation and restoration of the cultural landscape of Srebrna Góra, introducing new cultural and educational functions, which will constitute an attractive form of spending free time and participating in cultural life. All activities under the project are aimed at increasing the tourist and cultural attractiveness of Srebrna Góra and preserving its cultural heritage.
The subject of the investment is the revalorization of part of the historic Srebrna Góra Fortress, a historic complex of fortification works, equipped with brick buildings, located at 4 Kręta Street in Srebrna Góra.
- Conservation, restoration and construction works on immovable monuments and in their surroundings for cultural activities, including:
- restoration of communication between defensive works- restoration of poterns, gates and portals, abutments and reconstruction of fortress bridges on the model of historical ones on the section: Ravelin- Horn Fort – Esplanade – Upper Bastion – Donjon;
- construction and preservation works – restoration and adaptation of the Cavalier Bastion – Fortress Mediatheque;
- construction and conservation works – restoration and adaptation of the Upper Lazarett.
- Cultural and educational offer, including numerous cultural events addressed to various groups of recipients.
- Training related to the scope of the project, including, among others:
- 19 vocational training courses for current and new Fortress employees totalling 528 training hours,
- 2 study trips,
- 36 hours of non-professional training for the local community and the institutional and business environment.
- Project management.
- Project promotion.
- Purchase of equipment for conducting cultural activity and protection of cultural heritage, including the purchase of equipment, exhibition facilities and the purchase of educational equipment – replicas of historical functional devices.
TOTAL VALUE OF THE PROJECT: 21 862 020.00 PLN
ELIGIBLE EXPENDITURE: 17 774 000.00 PLN
CO-FINANCING: 15 107 899.99 PLN
The project “Revitalisation of degraded and inaccessible parts of the Silver Mountain Fortress Historical Monument for cultural and educational purposes” is financed by Iceland, Liechtenstein and Norway through the EEA funds.
Support provided by the CULTURE programme
Mechanism of the European Economic Area 2014-2021 and from the state budget.